So here in my post-novel ennui of the past 24 hours, I have sold a novella, signed 500 sig sheets of the METAtropolis limited edition, mailed out a few more Green ARCs, done story marketing WRPA in which I noted that I recently passed the 250 stories mark, have been working several interesting short fiction publishing deals, and, um, cleaned my house. But I already reported that last bit.
My brain being what it is, I’m quite actively thinking about the road ahead, book-wise. Here’s what’s committed, what’s on deck, and what’s floating in my backbrain waiting for time and focus.
- Revisions to Tourbillon (March)
- Revisions to the Heart of the Beast (whenever Jeff gets them to me)
- Continue to write first volume of diplomatic/espionage thriller series with my Dad the retired ambassador (as time permits)
- Develop collaborative concepts with
(YA trilogy) and (steampunk romance) (as time permits)
- Draft Sunspin (From May through Ghu only knows when)
- Sequel to Green
- Original Destiny, Manifest Sin
- Black Tulip
- Reign of Flowers
- As yet unnamed Mainspring book which started jogging my elbow as I worked on “Chain of Stars”
That last bunch won’t happen this year, and some of them may never happen unless there’s commercial demand, but they’re in my head. I already know that even if I were a full time writer, sans day job, I couldn’t write much more than I do now. It’s not like I can write any faster. In point of fact, recent bouts of hypergraphia aside, I’ve been trying to slow down in the interests of improved pacing and work quality.
It’s fun to juggle all these balls in my head. It will be interesting to see where and how they land in real life.