[cancer] Back to cancerland

PET scan says probable liver tumors. I’m not able to interpret the medicalese sufficiently to determine whether lymph is also at issue. Now in Denver changing planes, on hold with my doctor’s office seeking next steps. More when it happens.

In other news, a woman behind me collapsed in the boarding line in Portland. I was able to cushion her head, check for heart attack and stroke, determine she was lucid, give her a sip of water and get the paramedics rolling. An RN then stepped out of the crowd and took over from me. The woman later boarded the plane, so she must have been okay.

You win some, you lose some.

13 thoughts on “[cancer] Back to cancerland

1. Yasmine says:

There’s not much to say to comfort, but you know your friends care and are here for you. My mother and sister and father-in-law went through cancer, and several friends…it’s a fucking vicious condition.

2. Bluejack says:

Jay:

Your honesty, upbeat, every-day approach to a situation most of us can’t even begin to imagine is an inspiration.

We’re all here for you.

-B

3. Thinking of you and lighting a candle.

4. Michele Lee says:

Best wishes for an easy, quick treatment and recovery. I’ll be praying for you.

5. holding a good thought. {{{JL}}}

6. Kate Baker says:

Jay, “I’m so sorry” and “Hang in there” doesn’t seem to cut the mustard on this one. I know you have to be feeling horribly disappointed, shocked and probably a little angry. Rightfully so.

If there were words that could dull the ache, I would be the first to say them.

7. Marti McKenna says:

Oh Jay, I’m so sorry to hear it. Wishing you the best, please let us know if you need anything.

8. Pat Cadigan says:

I wish I had something more substantial to offer you other than friendship and moral support. Thinking good thoughts for you.

9. Grant K says:

Dude, you are loved. We’re here for you, as much as we are able.

10. Jay,

Like everyone else, I am profoundly saddened by this news. And, like everyone else, I am at your service, should my services be of any use to you.

Am I allowed to swear in these comments? I really need to swear right now. Publicly. Loudly.

11. Marlin May says:

I hate that all I can think of are cliche’s.

12. Jay, I’m so sorry. I haven’t been around here much, and this is a shock to me. I wish all the best for you and hope to see you this autumn in San Jose. Rest assured that you and my other writer buddies are often on my mind even while I’m not online or keeping up with online life so much.

13. Keep fighting. I’m rooting for you.