Oncologist visit went very well today. Based on last week’s CT scan, she is deferring chemo, and we will re-image in late October. At this point, given the lack of growth, she feels this is possibly not cancer. If it is, the cancer is sufficiently slow-growing that a wait-and-see approach is not particularly.
The October scans will let us assess further growth in the liver and lung sites, and recheck the lymph. At that time, if growth is detected, we’ll visit the surgery and chemo questions again.
I’m not off the hook, but the hook has gotten a lot smaller and less immediate. And of course, the colon issues continue. But I feel much, much better. The optimism has become less cautious. My mental and emotional state this afternoon has been interesting, to say the least. This is quite something to parse.
Among other things, this means that