I’m still just getting back into cooking, post-chemo, especially when I am alone and have to do my own dishes. (Peripheral neuropathy and wet plates are bad a combination. Just sayin’.) But this morning I made one of my favorite breakfast meals.
- Four slices of bacon cooked crispy
- Two eggs scrambled in a splash of bacon grease, with a bit of milk, some garlic salt and black pepper, and dash of chili powder and a small squirt of Sriracha sauce
- Shredded cheese (Mexican four-flavor mix)
- Corn tortillas warmed in a dry frying pan
- Salsa verde, mild (I’m not up to the good stuff yet)
Mmm, breakfast tacos. Mmm mmm mmm. Almost like being back in Texas. I sure do miss Austin’s food.