Signal Boost

Shannon here, posting for Jay. I’ll just copy what’s on my LJ:

Just talked to the surgeon a few minutes ago…he said the surgery went “perfectly.” They were able to do it laparoscopically, as planned, and with a smallish incision at that. [info]jaylake‘s recovery should be pretty good; he might even go home Sunday, not Monday, depending on how he feels and eats and all that.

But the BEST news is that the surgeon does NOT think the lesion looks like cancer. Now, this is not at all definitive–we have to wait for the pathology report, mid-next-week, but in his opinion, this is not a met.

::insert weepy relief and joy and hope and, yet, caution here::

Now making all the phone calls and texts and posting on all the blogs and getting the word out and all that….

Jay’s in recovery, and will probably be there another hour and a half or so, then he’ll move to ICU and we’ll be able to see him.

Oh whew, and wow, and, oh, to dare to hope?….???

35 thoughts on “Signal Boost

1. Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope that the surgeon is right.

Meanwhile, I will be grateful for the immediate fact that Jay is out of surgery and all went well.

2. Heath Graham says:

Good news.

Hopefully we can upgrade that to fantastic news soon.

3. Colleen Lindsay says:

That is such great news, Shannon! Thank you for letting everyone know!

Sending you both warm thoughts & virtual hugs.

4. Fingers crossed here too. Happy to know that Jay is okay. Praying for you guys here.

That sounds pretty hopeful. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that the news stays as good.

6. Cliff Winnig says:

Awesome news about the surgery going perfectly, and here’s hopin’ for good news on the rest….

7. Martha Wells says:

Glad it went well, and crossing my fingers that the surgeon is right.

8. Typing with fingers crossed, like all the rest.

9. This is great news. I hope that the doc is right, and also that Jay recovers strongly. Best wishes to you both!

10. Gordon says:

Yay for the best possible news.
    Hoping it’s borne out by the Pathology results!

/G

11. Pam says:

Hold on to hope! The news is as good as could be, at this point. I’m so glad.

12. Liz Argall says:

Terrific news on all fronts.

Good things indeed.

13. Kathy says:

SO glad the surgery went well. Adding my crossed fingers to the rest!

14. John Booth says:

That’s great news to hear. Hopefully things continue to look brighter.

15. This is fantastic news. Even at cautiously optimistic, it seems delightful. I’m so happy to hear this, and have fingers, toes, and locks of hair crossed for continued good news!

16. Paul Granahan says:

Great news! We’ll be keeping the good thoughts and prayers going!

17. Mark Siegal says:

This news made my day, even if it’s just an outside chance. Fingers tightly crossed for you guys.

18. I’m so glad the surgery went well, and my fingers are crossed along with everyone else’s that the news continues good.

19. Leslie What says:

Thanks for posting this. Fingers crossed. Heal quickly, kid.

20. Jan says:

Oh I just felt from the last scan that it was ok. I just believe it is ok.

The surgeons visual is almost as good as pathology.

Oh everything crossed!

((BIG HUGS)) you both need it.

Jan

21. Fingers crossed, prayers prayed!

22. pwstrain says:

Thank you so much for the update. Sending big vibes of hope your Jay’s way. If he cannot bring himself to hope, we will do so for him.

23. Go, Jay! It’s about time he catches a break. Best wishes and good vibes to Jay and family!
    Patrice

24. Crossing fingers, toes, and everything else that will bend hoping for a clean pathology report.

25. Andy T. says:

Finally some hopeful news for Jay. Crossing fingers its all good.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

26. Ilsa says:

Yes, by all means: hope. Surgeons and pathologists usually don’t give out preliminary path results–especially on something this weighty–without being pretty darned sure. Not 100%, but close.

27. pelican says:

Major hope, that would be wonderful!!

28. Alex J. Kane says:

Fantastic news, Shannon. Best wishes to Jay.

29. Judy R. Johnson says:

Rooting for you, Jay! It will be so great when the path reports confirms the surgeon’s visual that it’s not a met. You have a vast support network, and there will be a big bang of relief and congratulations.

30. Michael says:

I usually lurk on here, but when I heard the hopeful news about the lesion, I felt so happy for you.

Good luck in recovery!

31. Simone Cooper says:

Adding my words of relief and continued hope to all these above.

Hugs!

32. Rani says:

Wow, just heard the optimistic news (dare I say Fantastic?). Crossing my fingers so hard here they might fall off.

33. Kelly says:

All best thoughts going to you and Jay and all your beloveds.

34. I’m just home from FenCon and am catching up. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Jay. Our staff are all concerned and send their best wishes.

35. Prayers and praise. Hoping the pathology report is also clean.