[personal|photos] It’s Sunday, go play

It’s Sunday. Go play. That’s what I’m going to do. That, and work on Sunspin.

However, when you go play, take photos. Post a photo here of something fun and interesting from today, Sunday, January 30th. The one(s) I like the best — funny, striking, cool, artistic, whatever — I’ll use in my daily moment of zen series, plus I’ll send you a free book or two.

Not exactly a contest. More like group art. Grab your camera. Go. Stop reading this. Bye.

ETA: For those longitudinally-based chrononauts on the far side of the world or whatever, I shan’t be strict about the date thing. I just mean now-ish as opposed to a-while-ago-ish.

12 thoughts on “[personal|photos] It’s Sunday, go play

1. Spring says:

Prepare to be amazed!! We’re going into the city today, and the deYoung is on our to do list.

2. Jan says:

My camera is toast – can’t I cheat and send an old one so I can get copies of your book(s)? 🙂

I was visiting family friends yesterday and caught these two images:

A beautiful antique mandolin used as a wall decoration.

Stunning and highly politically incorrect vintage statue from the 1950s in front of psychedelic vintage wallpaper

Okay, that didn’t work, so let’s try again:

Antique mandolin used as a wall decoration.

4. Felicia says:

RE:Cora’s Statue.
    Any indication of what was supposed to go in her basket at the front of the boat. I would be devastated if she was an ashtray!

The basket is too deep for an ashtray. I strongly suspect that it was intended as a flower pot of some kind.

According to her owner – who didn’t quite understand why I was so taken by the statue – she once had a companion who broke during spring cleaning some time ago.

I promptly told the owner that if she ever decided to get rid of the statue, I’d gladly take it off her hands. The owners are a sort of magnet for really cool antiques, though they mostly don’t appreciate them.