[cancer] Alive, well and living in the hospital

Much to everyone’s amazement, I am recovering from anaesthesia and surgery quite quickly. I’m on almost no pain meds, and have been walking the circuit of the ICU ward, and it’s only just about 24 hours since they closed me up on the table.

Still a bit mentally thin and fuddled, but I have been reading comments and emails. Thank you every one. More from me as my brain unwraps further.

11 thoughts on “[cancer] Alive, well and living in the hospital

1. Shadow says:

Glad you are responding well. Keep it up.

2. Hollister says:

It’s great to hear that you’re feeling better so quickly! What wonderful news!

3. I wonder if your body is now responding in a, “Oh this, again? Okay. We’ve been here before,” kind of manner?

4. Peter Sursi says:

Glad to hear that everything went well. Was thinking about you for last few days.

I’m glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you’re on the mend.

6. Kathryn says:

Keep walking. Keep talking. Keep on keeping on.

7. Jaws says:

Is your brain really unwrapping itself, or is there a zombie helping? Or, perhaps, some clockworkish/steampunkish mechanism that you wound up before the surgery?

8. Andi says:

oh wow, Stu and i send our amazed “wow” to you for sounding so amazing, Jay. We just got our programs for Worldcon and hope to get the chance to party pre/post Hugos (Stu’s presenting) and hope to offer a toast or 5 for your amazing self. I once had back surgery and was walking the next day but that’s NOTHING compared to this. SuperJay! I can’t wait to see your costume.
    Andi Shechter

9. Yay for almost no pain meds!

Wait. That could be interpreted the wrong way….

Yay! I’m glad it doesn’t hurt too much.

(Maybe I shouldn’t do this when I should be asleep…)

10. Stevie says:

Really great news on the opiate front, really great news on the walking front, and really great news that the ICU will shortly get rid of you.

Next goal is out of hospital, to a place where the bugs are less prone to the bacterial equivalent of invading Poland…