[food|polls] The one true Pop-Tart

What is the one true Pop-Tart?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The original Pop-Tart post that sparked this poll can be found here: [ jlake.com | LiveJournal ]

19 thoughts on “[food|polls] The one true Pop-Tart

1. AndyHat says:

Frosted Chocolate Vanilla Creme! Which, of course, they’ve discontinued.

2. I suspect that for everyone else it’s strawberry, but my own personal One True Pop Tart is the cinnamon brown sugar.

3. Dr. Phil says:

Pop Tarts are not food. Twinkies are food… apparently forever. Still find Twinkies oddly comforting.

Dr. Phil

4. El Mique says:

S’mores!!! The greatest of the great!

5. Danjite says:

Frosted garlic, Gruyère and Gouda.

Also:http://www.aggrogate.com/2010/08/pop-tart-world-store/

6. I’m stunned to find that this is not 100% brown sugar cinnamon. My faith in personkind is sorely shaken.

7. Michael Melinchok says:

I never liked Pop Tarts very much, but I did like Jersey Girl a whole lot back in the day! I have no idea which flavor either she or Jay favors, but I did on occasion purchase and consume chocolate Pop Tarts, the kind with chocolate filling and chocolate icing with white sprinkles…they were passable breakfast food, but still worse than a stale jelly doughnut.

8. Paul says:

Raspberry.

9. Cindi Somebody says:

The old, explosive Frosted Strawberry (http://www.thesustainablekitchen.com/skblog/?p=845)was the best Pop Tart flavor ever, unfortunately the formulation was changed and the new Strawberry is horrible. So the new Best Pop Tart flavor Brown Sugar Cinnamon.

10. Kari Sperring says:

Apple and cinnamon.
    Or cheese and mushroom.

11. Deven says:

Listing unfrosted with the pejorative “loser” taints any supposed victory by any frosted candidate. I myself was tempted to select “frosted brown sugar and cinnamon” instead of standing up for its “loser” unfrosted counterpart simply because I felt the tug of peer pressure that dictates my vote count instead of being regulated to merely support for an already declared “loser”.
    I came to my senses. Unfrosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon! Perhaps it is my palate, but I find all of the Pop Tart frostings to have a bitter tinge.

12. Blue says:

Paul (above) is right. Raspberry. But Strawberry is almost as good, and I even buy it on purpose, sometimes.

I’ve seen many Brown Sugar Cinnamon fans … but, personally, I would rather eat the box they came in than that particular flavor. Yuck!

13. Barbarienne says:

Are you kidding me? Why would anyone have anything other than chocolate fudge?

If I want fruit, I eat gorram fruit, from the tree, bush, or vine. Corrupting it with corn syrup, processed bread product, and un-food-ly colors is an abomination.

14. Michael says:

Unfrosted Strawberry. I specifically don’t like the frosting on pop tarts.

15. Matte Lozenge says:

Interesting thing to me is no matter what the flavor is, they all have about the same amount of fat and sugar. So Hot Fudge Sundae, S’mores and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough are just as (un)healthy as Unfrosted Strawberry. License to Pig Out!

16. Bacon and maple, plz!