[personal|travel] Five things make a post for a flying day
Five things make a post. Or something. #blogworldproblems, I guess. Let’s see…
1) I am heading for the airport shortly to fly to DCA. There, Lisa Costello will pick me up, take me to dinner, then take me to NIH to check into their inpatient unit, pretty much for the month of March. The flight’s probably going to suck because of all the cancellations yesterday, which means severe overbooking today.
2) I continue to fear washing out of the trial at the last minute. My drop in baseline health these past 3-4 weeks concerns me. I have a tender lumpiness in my right side which I’m afraid is a result of the known rapid growth in my liver tumors displacing enough tissue to be detectable by touch. And this damned cough…
3) On a more-or-less unrelated note, I’d hoped to make a post this morning about atheist errors-of-thought, especially where it concerns the fungibility of faith. Or more to the point, lack of fungibility of faith. This is in part in response to
4) My dreams of late have been more and more chowder, less and less linear. I don’t believe my brain is decaying that fast (not an ordinary symptom of my kind of cancer, though intracranial metastases are a slight possibility), so I’m pretty sure my subconscious is working on a project. When it deigns to send me a coherent postcard, I’ll pass the word.
5) On a topic somewhat less to my own credit, I find lately that old hurts have been resurfacing in my thoughts. There’s precious little point to that, and it’s not the least bit constructive, but here I am. Like the chowdered dreams, my mind is trying to put things in order. I’ve gone through life not making enemies, though a few people have certainly gone out of their way to make me their enemy regardless of my actual words and deeds. But in this case I’m talking more about the usual hurts of life, lost friendships and fractured loves and “whatever happened to…” moments. Really, I don’t need these trips down memory lane amidst everything else that’s going on.
Posted: 6:52 am Tue March 04 2014 |