[cancer] Still here, still overwhelmed

Some basic nutrition and lifestyle issues got in the way of well, everything. They still are, but things get better. I had a major rebalancing of my medications, which has made me even more listless and goofy but has restored (more or less) my ability to eat.

Tomorrow I have CT and MRI appointments at NIH. I never mind CTs, but MRIs are the soul of tedium.

Tuesday morning I have a follow up apheresis appointment, my last I believe, then in the afternoon I see my NIH doctors in clinic for an initial analysis of the trial results.

We already know this won’t be a full and final declaration of whether the trial was a success or not and my status going forward. There are number of possible data artefacts both positive and negative. But we hope to get a trend. I’ll come back in mid-May where we should nail it down better.

My anxieties are easy to imagine, though mostly masked by the medication right now. Sorry to be so low-bandwidth, it’s very hard to focus lately.

Jay

10 thoughts on “[cancer] Still here, still overwhelmed

1. Erica says:

Good to hear you’re able to eat again, but sorry the meds are making it so hard to focus. This is definitely a time to take care of your own needs first. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for good results tomorrow.

2. Sending you warm and tender thoughts.

3. Cora Buhlert says:

Good to hear from you again. And don’t sweat the lack of updates, we all understand.

4. Terry says:

Good to hear from you. Glad some progress seems to be happening. Hang in there, we’re still here.

5. Terie says:

In hopes that it buoy your spirits, even just a teensy bit, today I saw a whole huge batch of your audiobooks released on Audible.com. Congrats!

6. Catie Murphy says:

I’m glad you posted, and glad you’re able to eat again. Thinking of you.

7. Still here, still thinking of you every day, sending good wishes and comfort through the electrons to you, Lisa, and your entire family.

8. Barbara says:

thanks for the update. glad your food intake and meds are not fighting so vigorously now.

9. It’s nice to hear from you, Jay. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts.

10. pelican says:

So glad to hear that your eating is better. Here’s hoping for some good preliminary news from the imaging, and for continued recovery of your focus and verve as your body recovers from the trial.