[personal] I think I’m turning 46, I really think so

Today is my 46th birthday. How the hell did that happen? I blame , a/k/a my mom, personally. It’s also National Cancer Survivor’s Day. My own little bastard cancer-child is a little over two years old. And I come off the pump today in day three of infusion session eleven. One more to go, in two weeks, then I’m done with that shit.

As previously noted, I’ve postponed my birthday party til July 3rd [ jlake.com | LiveJournal ], so I can actually manage to enjoy it. Right now would be a wretched time for me to have a party.

So here I go, another day older and shorter of breath. Maybe I’ll get to live to be old, if I’m lucky.

12 thoughts on “[personal] I think I’m turning 46, I really think so

1. Dave Robinson says:

I’m still going to wish you a post-dated happy birthday, to be appreciated the day you actually celebrate it.

2. Jaws says:

Does that mean that Shannon really wants a picture of you from the doctor (that shows the insides), you young whipper-snapper?

3. Greg says:

Hi Jay

Want to wish you a happy birthday. plan to attend on the 3rd but you never know right. I’ll be flying on the 14 and something could happen. Take care man and have as good a day as you can.

4. Jan says:

Happy Birthday Jay and may your New Year be the best ever!

5. Cheryl says:

Happy Birthday and Cancer Survivor Day, Jay! I look forward to many more of them. Sorry I can’t attend JayCon, but I’ll catch up with you in New Zealand.

See you there!

Happy birthday and may you celebrate all future birthdays in perfect health!

7. Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jay! Happy birthday to you…..
    I may or may not get there on the 3rd — I’ll try. Hugs and spoons and energy and a prayer for perfect health after all this poison crap.

8. Laura says:

Happy Birthday! Hope all goes smoothly the next few weeks, and then on.

9. Happy happy new revolution around the sun. Here’s to the start of great things and to the end of shitty things. It’s time for a new spin of the earth.

Happy day!

10. Alex J. Kane says:

Hope you had a good birthday, Jay. Little did I know that I started reading your novel Mainspring, which I’m loving so far, on your birthday.