Some things that irritate me about the cancer experience.
- Cold, cold hands and numb feet from peripheral neuropathy
- Irregular sleep
- Irregular lower GI
- Emotional jags
- Screwing up my writing schedule
- Casting a pall on the future
Some things the cancer experience has granted me.
- A keen awareness of how much I am loved
- An opportunity to come to terms with my mortality
- Renewed sense of priority
- Heightened awareness of my somatic self
- Perspective — so much fucking perspective I could mine it and sell it by the long ton
What have the great trials of your life taught you?