Update on Jay

This is Lisa, giving you all a quick update on Jay. He’s out of surgery and doing well. He’s currently in recovery.

There were, however, more tumors than expected. They’ve all been dealt with, either by excision or radio frequency ablation.

I’ll post more later when I know more details.

9 thoughts on “Update on Jay

1. Glad it went well! I vote he should be wearing one of those fake glasses+nose+eyebrows getups when he wakes up.

2. Harald Striepe says:

Glad to read this! Also got the kickstarter update. There’s a whole lot of people rooting for Jay!

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about the tumors.

4. Stevie says:

Lisa, thank you so much for the update; it’s 4am over here and now I can stop keeping my fingers crossed and get off to sleep.
    Obviously it would have been better with fewer tumours, but the fact that they got them all out is good news, and they will provide excellent samples for the genome testing!

5. Tom Mason says:

Thanks for posting. Please pass along my best wishes for a speedy recovery!

6. Jaws says:

The detail we all want right now is simple:

What color is the hospital jello? We know that it’s “hospital flavor,” but that comes in several different colors…

7. Stevie says:

Lisa
    I don’t want to add to your burdens but the delay in following up is worrying a lot of people, including me, because it seems to suggest that things are not going well.
    I, and a lot of other people, are really worried about this. If you know we are wrong and could confirm that he is making a good recovery, that would be wonderful.
    If you can’t confirm that then there are many, many people who would wish to send messages to Jay, even if he could not read them, expressing just what he means to them.
    I very much hope that my fears are unfounded..

8. Dirt says:

You might check Twitter as I think he is updating on there. Here’s to a speedy recovery Jay!

9. Stevie says:

Thank you, Dirt, and I entirely agree!