[personal] I feel like William Hell

Guess what? Sitting bolt upright (in a non-reclining airline seat) for six hours yesterday, and staying up three hours past my bed time (thanks to the time zone boogie) has done absolutely nothing for my sense of well being.

I feel like I fell down the stairs or something. The pain knot in my rib has returned with a vengeance. The occasional shadow pain knot in my back is expressing itself vigorously. My surgery wounds sting and itch. Sleep last night was like playing Whac-a-Mole with the pain fairy.

So yeah. Laying low under a quilt in my fancy adjustable recliner with the massage pad and the heating pad, trying not to feel sorry for myself.

And may I say, “Ow.”

P.S. – Sorry for the whining. This is kind of overwhelming.

7 thoughts on “[personal] I feel like William Hell

1. Jeff P says:

Sorry to be going comment-crazy this morning, but please, no need to apologize. If I were in your shoes I’d be whining every moment of every day. I hope you find some rest and relaxation today. You certainly have earned it.

1. Terry says:

Yeah. What Jeff said.

2. Karl T. says:

Whining, nonsense. Even those of us who are (temporarily, always temporarily) in nominal good health get the hell beaten out of us on transcontinental flights.

Sending you love and strength and great heaps of gratitude for your voice and your incredible Jay-ness.

3. Emily Mah says:

People love you enough to read what you call whining, and just be glad you’re there typing the words. Though I hope you have cause for happier words in the near future.

4. Stevie says:

No; this does not constitute whining under any reasonable definition of that word. Please do continue to say what you wish, and please be aware that many, many people wish you well…

5. Lianne says:

Feel free to whine all you want. I doubt anyone is going to be crazy enough to tell you that you shouldn’t.