[cancer] Making recovery progress

Jay’s doing better today, making slow progress toward recovery from all that this protocol has put his body through.

His cough is much improved, especially after one of the nurses figured out that he could take a cough syrup without codeine.  That made a huge difference.

He’s been taking ativan for nausea during the day, which drug has been knocking him out, but this morning he decided to skip that, so he’s been more focused and present and funny-snarky as a result. He still falls asleep at the drop of a hat, but is more here when he’s awake than he’s been in days.

This improvement can be best seen in his foray up to the NIH patient library, where he donated some of his works.

On the down side, his hair is finally starting to fall out, leaving his pillow looking like a large, dark cat slept on it. I held out a handful of hair to him at one point this morning and asked if we could make a new Jay if we gathered enough hair.  Himself was not amused, but I was.

14 thoughts on “[cancer] Making recovery progress

1. I’m very glad to hear he’s feeling better. Thank you very much for the update — I, like so many other people, worry.

2. Give him all our love!

3. Terry says:

Thanks so much for the update. It’s encouraging to see he’s recovering. Send him my best, too!
    -Terry from OBP

4. Kevin Roche says:

I, too, thank you for the updates. I only really realize how much I need my daily dose of Jay when there is one. 🙂

1. Kevin Roche says:

Argh… Bad touchscreen. “…is none.”

5. Great to hear he’s feeling better.
    Our best wishes to all three of you.

6. There’ll be no building another Jay. They broke that mold long ago.

7. Cliff Winnig says:

Thanks for the update. Glad he’s doing better.

8. Grant Kruger says:

Adding my thanks for the updates. Much appreciated. Hugs to you both.

9. Scott says:

The symptoms you’ve been describing seem to me to be mildly promising, if he’s in the post cell-injection/recovery phase. Mild fever, grogginess, a bit of nausea may be expected if there’s immune response going on.

10. Jaya says:

We have been thinking of him constantly these last two weeks. Thanks for keeping us posted. So many more people love him than he knows of. All our love….we’re wishing hard.

11. Lisa Deutsch Harrigan says:

Thanks for the update. Glad things are progressing. *hugs* to everyone there.

12. Laura says:

I’ve been following for months now, and I realized only now that I’ve never commented or shared how much Jay has touched me, in his blogging and in his books. Green wowed me. I am Green.

My hopes and prayers go to Jay in this great struggle. I admire his courage to face it with such openness, both in sharing and in embracing the science and bringing his DNA sequence to the game, making this an opportunity for the betterment of all those who follow us.

Lisa Costello, hugs!